Commercial roofs are a large, necessary investment. This is a fact we know at Kool Kote Roofing and why we take roof inspections seriously. Industry standards suggest that a commercial roof should be inspected twice per year, once in the spring and again in the fall, and any time after damaging weather.
If it has been a while since your commercial roofing asset has been inspected by a professional, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Our roof inspection services are provided for Longmont, Colorado and the surrounding communities. You can reach us at (720) 375-4682.
Roof Inspection Checklist
- Ponding water – Checking for areas that are holding water is important. Ponding water can add additional weight to your roof and is a result of improper drainage.
- Damaged flashing – We ensure that flashings are installed correctly and performing as they should. Damage to your flashing can result in leaks that can damage your entire roofing system.
- Cracks, blisters or tears – Locating cracks, blisters and tears is key in your roofs success. They all can create points of access for water and debris.
- Growing vegetation – We assess your gutters and roofing system to ensure that vegetation is not growing. This is usually a concern if there are overhanging limbs.
- Storm damage – Some signs of storm damage are not as obvious as others. Our team will properly assess your entire roof to ensure that no damage has occurred that will cause problems later down the road.
- Trapped moisture – When water finds its way under your roofing membrane it is only a matter of time before it causes extensive damage to your structure. Our technicians will locate and devise a repair process.
- Proper drainage – Checking that the proper gutters and drains are installed for your specific roof and roofing system will allow us to ensure that gutters are free of blockage to ensure proper water flow.
- Skylights – If not installed correctly, skylights can create a multitude of roofing problems. Our team will make sure the skylight have the proper flashings are in place and will not cause any issues.
When performing a roof inspection, it is important that your commercial roofing contractor is experienced in your specific roofing application and the correct way to address any of its issues. To learn more about how Kool Kote Roofing can help your roofing system, call us today. If you are in Longmont, Colorado you can reach us at (720) 375-4682.